Monday, May 12, 2014

a new normal?


Well hello there, stranger! Remember me? Today at a staff meeting, a coworker told me to Google my name and I did, and up popped my blog. I was all, “wait! I have a blog!” I mean, I knew I did, of course, but it’s been a great long while since I’ve visited this ghost town. I started thinking about why that might be and here’s what I’ve decided…ready? I am happy. For the first time in a VERY long time, I am genuinely happy with life and I haven’t needed the outlet of my writing to get me through. I know that maybe sounds backwards – now is the time I should probably be writing more just because I have more time and I’m in such a better place. Instead I’ve been reading. And hanging out with my family – turns out they’re pretty cool when I’m getting enough sleep and not knee deep in grad school. I’ve been working out and watching what I eat – I’ve lost EIGHT pounds. That’s like the size of a newborn baby, which is equal parts gross and inspiring. I have way more to lose, but there’s nothing like eight pounds to give me a little motivation. I’ve been laughing more. I love my job and I love the kids I teach.

I sound like a commercial for Zoloft – but I think it’s just because I spent the last four years of my life so caught up in a million other things for other people, I forgot what it’s like to take time for me. So this is just me saying hello. I hope to be back here more regularly. I’d like to start writing again, this time for fun, not just to let off pent up frustration. In the meantime, here’s some photos you’ll find when you Google my name, which are weird, and also seem pretty timely. Oh! Also? I just scrolled down to read the last post and you should know Steve and I are taking a trip. By ourselves. Watch out, Vegas.




4 comments:

  1. I do remember you. And I like you, too. Love, yes, but like is different. Happy on, kiddo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it. And I found this post mere seconds after I was giving myself the "get writing" lecture in my head. I may have said it out loud, but I can't be certain of anything. Keep it up and congrats not the weight loss, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks, pappy. you too, Kelly - get to work! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to have you back and happy, but I wish it were a Woodstock typewriter just for old time's sake. Kiss, kiss, M

    ReplyDelete